a. Section C
1. What is the difference between procedural language and structural language
2. What is pointer and references?
3. What operations we can do pointers?
4. Write a swapping program using pointers?
5. What is typeDef?
6. What are the storage classes in C and their use?
7. What is the difference between a structure and union?
8. What are bit operators and their use? (Why we use OR, XOR, left shift, right shift operators)?
9. What is Static function?
10. Can arithmetic operations be performed on Void pointer?
11. Write addition of two numbers using a bit wise operator?
12. What is heap and stack?
13. Difference between calloc() and malloc()?
b. Section C++
1. What is OOPS and a real time Example?
2. Explain the mechanism of virtual function and virtual table?
3. What are recursive functions and what are their advantage and disadvantage?
4. What is the difference between a Class and structure?
5. What is operator overloading and can we overload an operator and function with only difference their return type?
6. What are abstraction and its example?
7. What is compile time and run time polymorphism?
8. What is the use of virtual destructor?
9. What is generalization in C++?
10. What is the difference between an object and a class?
11. What is namespace?
12. What are the different types of constructors in C++?
13. What is function overriding?
14. What is the difference between delete and destructor in C++?
15. What do you mean by pure virtual function?
16. What is abstract class?
17. Explain “passing by value”, “passing by pointer” and “passing by reference”?
18. What is a scope resolution operator?
19. What is the Basic nature of “cin” and “cout” and what concept or Principle we are using on those two?
20. What is difference between constructor and destructor?
21. Explain a real time example of OOPS?
c. C# .Net
1. What is the difference between private, protected and public access modifier?
2. What is CTS and CLR?
3. What are the stages of compiling the Code in .net?
4. Is C# is pure OOPS? How?
5. What is JIT Compiler and its advantage and disadvantage?
6. What is partial class?
7. What is boxing and unboxing?
8. What is garbage collector?
9. What is sealed Class?
10. What is Interface and Abstract class?
11. What is garbage collector?
12. Explain the architecture of .net framework?
13. What is the use of “finally” key word in exception handling?
14. What is the difference between string and string builder?
15. Explain value and reference type in .net?
16. Write a code for creating connection string?
17. What is stored procedure?
18. Write a stored procedure for updating a record in the table?(see generated stored procedure file)
19. How to implement a linked list in .net without using collection class in .net?
20. How to create, read and write from a file? (using .net APIs)
21. Explain virtual and hiding method?
22. Explain “is” and “as” operator?
23. Difference between struct and class in .net?
24. What is namespace?
25. What is delegate and events?
26. What is the difference between window and web application?
27. Can we use unmanaged code in .net?
28. What is managed code in .net?
29. What are attributes in .net? (Declaration Programming example HTML tags)
30. How to use COM Component in a .net application? (Hint Runtime Callable Wrapper)
31. How to use .net dlls in COM application? (Hint COM Callable Wrapper)
32. What is private and shared assembly?
33. What is a partial class in .net and what is the use? (Hint Form Class)
34. What is the use of dictionary class in .net?
35. Is it possible to have a multiple Main() method in .net?
1. Explain the seven layers of networking?
2. Explain file system in linux?
3. What is process?
4. Mutex, semaphor and other synchronization techniques?
5. Paging and demand paging?
6. What is thread?
7. What is scheduling? (Example red robin techniques )
e. Data Structures
1. What are the different sorting methods and their complexities?
2. What is the difference between queue and stack?
3. How to find a particular node in a linked list?
4. What is aggregation?
5. What is binary tree and what is pre order, in order and post order?
6. Explain heap sort and its complexity?